November 10, 2021
Bearhawk Aircraft announces Advanced Quick Build Kit for the Model B four place and
Model 5 six seat kits.
Effective today all kit orders taken for the Model B four place and Model 5 six place Bearhawks will be sold as Advanced Quick Build kits. There is a price increase of $10,000 for each kit but many items previously purchased by all customers for their planes are now included in the Advanced QB kit.
The Model B four place Advanced Quick Build kit is now $61,000, and the Advanced Quick Build kit for the Model 5 is $68,000.
Items now included with the Advanced QB kit:
1) A set if flying wires for the tail surfaces. Round wires for the bottom & streamlined for the top wires. These are made by Bruntons of Scotland.
2) Grove wheels brakes – a set of 66-152 aluminum double puck brakes now come with your kit
3) Tailwheel – a 10” Bob Barrows designed tailwheel is standard and included. A Tundra tailwheel is optional with a small upcharge.
4) Hardware package for each model will now be included. Nuts, bolts, pulleys, control cables, nico press hardware, turnbuckles, rod end bearings, fairleads, rivets and more.
5) SPRL fuel valve, as modified by the manufacturer for our kits, will now be included.
Bearhawk Model 5 Kits
If you are considering building your own Bearhawk Modle 5, we’re here to encourage you with a variety of options. You can simply purchase the plans and begin scrounging for raw materials. Or you can purchase some sub-kits or components from us. We welcome any and all Bearhawk builders into the fold. However, if you think you want to scratch build we recommend that you talk to builders that have gone before you. Nearly all will tell you to purchase our Quick Build kit. Save yourself 1000’s of hours of work and fly years sooner. We believe that even craftsmen and machinists benefit from building from our Quick Build kit. (There’s still a lot of enjoyable work to accomplish.)
However you intend to build your Bearhawk, get started now!
This photo shows the contents of the complete Bearhawk Model B Quick Build Kit (with optional auxiliary tanks).
Here are the prices and contents of our kits and components:
Model 5 ADVANCED QUICK BUILD KIT $68,000
Because the airframe is largely fabric covered and because of the way the FAA constructs its definition of the 51% rule, we are able to complete the entire structure so there is no actual structural fabrication to be done other than completing the riveting of the bottom wing skins. This is left partially open so the builder can access and install certain components.
All of the wing control surfaces are ready to be installed. The same thing is true of the tail, landing gear, control system, etc: the components are finished but must be installed.
Assembly and installation not fabrication.
The Advanced Quick-Build does not include tires, covering/painting materials, & seat upholstery.
Now included with your Model 5 Advanced Quick Build Kit:
- Complete set of plans, with serial number (Note: If you have purchased plans separately, the kit price will be reduced by the purchase amount of your plans.)
- Fuselage completely finish welded, no welding required. Ready for stringers, cover and systems installation.
- Landing gear and tail, completely finished, ready for cover and installation.
- Control system completely fabricated, ready to install.
- Wings finished, interior primed, with only the bottom skin which is already drilled and dimpled and ready to be riveted.
- Control surfaces assembled, ready to be installed/covered.
- Wing Struts with end fittings already drilled and just need to insert bolts.
- Fuel tanks installed in your wings (aux tanks optional).
- Motor mount ready to be installed. Choices are Lycoming 0-360, 0-540 and Continental 0-470.
- Firewall and boot cowl, ready for trimming and assembly (not drilled).
- Huge cargo doors standard with all kits. Rear float attachment points optional
- The frames for all seats are included. Builder will fabricate seat pans and upholstery.
- Wing tips
- fuel caps
- trim wheel w/chain
- aileron cable guards
- Hardware to build your kit now provided.
- clear windshield (tinted or UV block extra)
- Brake master cylinders (one set). Second set optional.
- Wing tie down rings
- Grove double puck wheels/brakes
- Flying wires for your tail surfaces
- 10” Bob Barrows tailwheel. Tundra tailwheel optional
- SPRL fuel selector valve
- Fuel & brake lines with all fittings
Please give us a call or email if you have any questions about what is included in our kits.
Bearhawk Model 5 Quick Build fuselage – $40,000
Bearhawk Model 5 Quick Build Wings – $26,000
NOTE: certain non Bearhawk specific items that are included with the Bearhawk Model 5 Advanced Quick Build Kit are not included when only a fuselage or set of wings is ordered.
BASIC FUSELAGE $22,500
The basic fuselage structure complete, but with only the most important attach fittings finish welded on. These are:
- Wing attach fittings
- Wing Strut Fittings
- landing gear attach fittings
- wing strut attach fittings
- and the tail surfaces attach fittings.
Start your project with a straight, true fuselage finish welded in our big fuselage jig. UNPAINTED because there are many parts that still need to be welded on. And other fuselage parts will need to be fabricated or purchased separately.
WING COMPONENT KIT $14,500
- Ribs formed (includes all wing, flap, aileron ribs)
- Wing spars primed, assembled and finished. Ready to build wing skeleton.
- Also flap and aileron spars included
CRATING CHARGE (if delivered by Bearhawk Aircraft): $ 800